Child Status Protection Act

The government of the United States supports the preservation of families through its immigration laws. Children of citizens and legal permanent residents (LPR) can bring children and grandchildren to the U.S. under several visa types, depending on the circumstances.

Commitment to Helping Immigrants

At the Pinilla Law Firm, LLC, our immigration lawyer is proud to help families reunite. As the child of immigrants, I understand the joys and concerns of people who seek visas so their children can live in the U.S. Our goal is to make the process as smooth as possible. To this end, we make sure all child immigration forms are completed correctly and filed properly. We determine their eligibility for specific visa types and advise them about their options.

Our attorneys help parents and grandparents bring children to the U.S. on visas that include:

  • K-2 visas for children of foreign fiancé(e)s
  • IR-2 visas for unmarried children of foreign spouses under age 21
  • IR-3 for a child adopted abroad by a U.S. citizen
  • IR-4 for a child adopted in the U.S. by a U.S. citizen
  • F-1 for the minor children of the unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens
  • F-2 for minor children of legal permanent residents
  • F-3 for the minor children of married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens
  • E 1-5 for minor children of employment-based immigrants

We advise clients about their options and determine their eligibility for specific visa types. We discuss the requirements of the visas. We identify potential difficulties and devise solutions should problems arise.

Make An Appointment

Make an appointment with one of our attorneys from the comfort of your computer or cell phone. Click the button below.

Se habla Español
Phone: (803) 728-0045
Fax: (888) 502-7681


7 Surrey Court, Suite A
Columbia, SC 29212

Service Areas

  • Columbia
  • Charleston
  • Florence
  • Lexington
  • Myrtle Beach
  • Sumter
  • Newberry